Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

20 April 2014

Stacked (103): WonderCon Edition


Inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and The Story Siren, Stacked is a weekly post where I share with you the books that I've bought, borrowed or received for the week.

Hi, everyone. Sorry for the late post but I was too pooped last night to write this before I went to bed. Yesterday I spent the day in Anaheim for WonderCon. It's like a smaller version of Comic-Con. It's very fun and is also nice because there are way less people than at SDCC, meaning I can get into many of the panels and see authors without waiting in crazy long lines.  I decided to only go on Saturday since I could not get Friday off and I didn't want to commit to a whole weekend there. Saturday also had more panels that I was interested in.


My first panel was for writer Gail Simone. She currently writes the popular Batgirl and Red Sonja series for DC. I'll probably talk about her panel at a later date but it was really good and I managed to get to her signing later that afternoon and had my copy of Batgirl Vol 1 signed.


Then it was off to a couple of signings at Mysterious Galaxy. I bought 2 copies of Marjorie Liu's book Labyrinth of Stars (one is for a blog giveaway). I love Marjorie. She's also so sweet and fun to see.


Also got to see authors Christina Lauren again. Always love seeing them and we had a nice chat about their upcoming books. I got copies of my Beautiful Bastard series signed as well an ARC of Sublime (!). Apparently they had copies of Dirty Filthy Boy the day before but ran out. :(

That's my brief recap of WonderCon 2014. I had a blast and hope I can go for more than one day next year. Alright, below is my total book haul for the day.


As you can see, I also picked up a couple of trade paperbacks at WonderCon, including Saga Vol 3 and Sex Criminals. I have heard good things about Sex Criminals and hope it lives up to the hype.

Thanks for checking out today's haul post with me. I hope you are having a lovely Easter if you celebrate. I might go out in search of some Easter candy. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.