Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

11 April 2014

Uncovered (103): Reckoning


Hello and happy Friday, all. I love the weekend! This weekend I am looking forward to going to the LA Times Festival of Books. It's going to be a weekend full of good books, food and friends. Follow me on Instagram to keep up to date on my bookish (and other) exploits.

Today's Uncovered is Reckoning by S.J. Harper. This is the second book the urban fantasy series by authors Samantha Sommersby and Jeanne C. Stein.  While I love urban fantasy, I don't always love the covers. They can be really cheesy, though I think publishers are trying to make them less so. I really liked the first cover in this series and I like this one just as much. I like the unusual stance of the character's back to the front of the cover. She's strong and capable and it looks like she's holding the guns correctly. I'm no expert but it's funny sometimes when I see covers where a character is awkwardly holding a weapon. Her tattoos looks great and I really want her hair. I love how the fiery sky gives the whole thing a really ominous look and the overall cover just screams awesome urban fantasy to me.

That's my pick this week. What do you guys think? Do you love the cheese factor that's sometimes found in UF covers or are you looking for something different? Let me know in the comments. Have an awesome weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.