Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

04 May 2012

Uncovered (12): 172 Hours On The Moon


If you read my weekend haul update, you'll remember that I just got this book from the library. After seeing a fellow blogger's great review of it, I had to pick it up. It doesn't hurt that the cover is awesome. I normally prefer illustrated covers but this mix of photography works perfectly for the theme of the story. The eye with no pupil (always creepy) with the moon's terrain on it it subtle and makes me want to look closer at the cover. This is the new US hardcover edition. The book was published a few years ago in Norwegian and was only recently translated and published here. 

The original hardcover art is also really cool and I like it a lot but I prefer the US version. It screams sci fi to me and it kind of freaky looking. Space scares me and this cover conveys the feelings of isolation and danger I feel when I think of being out there. 


original norwegian cover

The US cover jacket and art was designed by Ben Mautner. He's done a bunch of book work for series like Monster High and Cirque du Freak. You can find more of his work at weare360.com

What do you think? Do you like the cover to 172 Hours On The Moon? Does this cover make you want to pick it up? I'd love to hear what you think.

say "twee!"

Find more of Thuy's strange thoughts on Twiter @fishgirl182

1 comment:

  1. I love the cover!! It definitely intrigues me. I rather enjoyed this one :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.