Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

26 May 2012

Stacked (5): The One With Pretty Covers


Welcome to this week's edition of Stacked. Inspired by The Story Siren and other similar features, this is my weekly post where I show you what I bought, borrowed and received.

Howdy, everyone! Happy Memorial Day. Like most people, I love a good three day weekend. I am usually out of town for Memorial Day but this year I am staying put. I plan on eating, baking, reading and knitting. And maybe seeing Men In Black 3. :)  I didn't get too many books this week. I had to buy a whole new set of tires earlier this week which set me back a lot so I can't buy a lot of books. So I am trying to be good and read my NetGalley books and library books. Let's see what I got, shall we?

For Review (Netgalley)


Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowan - I was on the fence about this one but my friend Kimberly at The Windy Pages just gave it a great review so I put it in request and got it. Plus - love that cover. 

Won


Die For Me and Until I Die by Amy Plum - I was lucky enough to win ARCs of both of these books last week from bibliopunkk. I have been wanting to read this series so I am very excited. 

Bought


Suffocate (The Breathless Novelette series) by S.R. Johannes - I really liked Johannes's last book, Untraceable, and am interested to read this series of novellas for a new series she has coming out. This is only $0.99 on Kindle right now. I think the cover is pretty cool, too.

Paper Hearts by Maureen Child - This novella was free on Amazon for a day and it looked promising so I just got it. Has anyone read anything by Maureen Child yet? Good, bad?

Borrowed (library)


Wherever You Go by Heather Davis - Another recommendation from a friend that I found at the library. It's got ghosts.

Revived by Cat Patrick - I've been seeing this one around a lot lately and it's gotten good reviews so I thought I would give it a try.

Serve Yourself: Nightly Adventures for Cooking For One by Joe Yohan - I live alone and thought this one might be good to try since it's so hard cooking enough for me but not so much that I have to eat leftovers fora  week.

The River Cottage Cookbook by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall - I was listening to a podcast that recommended this book. Decided to check it out from the library to see if I liked it.

The Vegetable Dishes I Can't Live Without by Mollie Katzen - Another cookbook. Trying to cook for myself more.

I Will Not Read This Book by Cece Meng - This just looked fun. I like to peruse the picture book section at the library.

Little White Rabbit by Kevin Henkes - I have a friend who has pet bunnies and this reminded me of her.

Those are the books I have for you this week. And, just because I can, I am leaving you with some pics of my trip home last weekend. I took my parents for a little day trip to wander around Monterey. We live about an hour and a half away from there and it was a fun little outing and I love the beach. Have a great weekend!


pretty beaches by monterey


historic cannery row

lots of signs about john steinbeck around

this store only sold socks. awesome. 



Thuy will be taking a lot of naps this weekend. When she's not reading or napping you can catch her on Twitter @fishgirl182

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Revived was great! It was so unexpected and beautiful; I really hope you love it!

    And can I please share your hometown! I would love to live somewhere close to such beauty. Plus that sock store is awesome :D

    My Book Haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you totally can, bekka. there's enough room for all of us. and i love socks, so a whole sock store is heaven.

      Delete
  2. I really need to hit the picture book section of the library! I need to bump Dark Kiss up on the Netgalley list, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read anything by Amy Plum yet and have been trying to make some time to read Revived, so I am looking forward to your thoughts. A store that only sells sock! How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shots of Monterey. I'm heading there in June to see family - looking forward to it. I think I know that sock store :)

    Congrats on your Amy Plum book wins - hope you enjoy that series like I do.

    I really want to read Revived so I will check back for your review.

    Nice kindle reads too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the infamous sock store! have a great time up there. it's so beautiful there. i just love it.

      Delete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.