Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

06 May 2012

Stacked (2): Ghost Stories and Southern Vampires


Welcome to Stacked, a new feature on the blog. Inspired by The Story Siren, Stacked is a place to talk about books I've bought, borrowed and received during the week. Special thanks to my co-blogger Alethea who made several awesome graphics for me, that you'll probably see over the coming weeks. 

Hi, kids! I cannot believe that it's already May. Where is the year going? I hope you all had a good week with lots of bookish goodness. I didn't plan on getting any books this week but a trip to the used book store, the library, and the library book sale had me filling up my shelves. Plus there were a ton of great deals on Kindle books that I just could not resist. So yeah, I have a lot of books to read. At least I've been staying away from NetGalley.  :) Check out my haul and let me know what you think. Click on the book's title to take you to the Goodreads page.


Borrowed 

Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley - I have head really good things about this one and my library hold finally came in.

Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu - Middle grade book that has gotten a lot of good reviews. Plus, awesome cover.

A Touch of Dead by Charlaine Harris - Short stories from the Sookie Stackhouse series. Will read this while waiting for my library copy of Deadlocked to come in.

Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill (audiobook - not pictured) - I need a new audiobook to spice up my commute. I have been meaning to read this one for awhile now. So far it's really creepy.

Ebooks Purchased

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (pre-order) - The next book in this series is coming out soon, which is probably why it was $0.99 on Kindle. I just saw Josephine on a panel at the LA Times Festival of Books and really liked her. Glad I was able to pick this one up on sale.

Lords of Deliverance Compendium by Larissa Ione - Love Larissa Ione and had to get this supplement to the Lords of Deliverance series. Another great deal for $0.99.

The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong - I have been wanting to read this one for awhile now and it went on sale for $1.99 and I could not resist.

Ruling Passion (Drake Chronicles #1-3) by Alyxandra Harvey - The first 3 books in the Drake Chronicles in one book for a great price. My friend love this series and I am hoping I do, too.

Inhale by Kendall Grey - After reading a couple of good reviews, I decided to give this romance a chance.

Bought

Crafty Chloe by Kelly DiPucchio, illustrated by Heather Ross - Kelly is the author of the picture book Zombie in Love, which I adore. And I know Heather Ross from her fabric designs. This looks like a really cute kid's book about being crafty, which I can totally relate to.

Wolfsbane and Mistletoe Anthology - Picked up a hc copy of this anthology for $2 at the used bookstore the other day. With stories by Charlaine Harris, Patricia Briggs, Carrie Vaughn and more, I think this will be a fun read.

Ghost Stories by Roald Dahl - I have been looking for this book for awhile and I love the cover.

The Secret and Sizzle by Julie Garwood - Bought these for $0.50 at the library book sale. I am a fan of Julie Garwood's highland romances and thought I would give one of her modern stories as well as another historical a try.

How To Be A Domestic Goddess by Nigella Lawson - I love Nigella and have been looking for this baking book of hers for awhile. Found a really good used copy this week.

What did you get this week? Leave a link and I'll be glad to visit. Anyone else go see The Avengers this weekend? The movie theater was insane but it was worth it. Really fun movie. I still haven't seen Cabin in the Woods. Maybe tomorrow. Happy weekend!




4 comments:

  1. Heehee! I love seeing the graphic up.

    I ADORE Nigella Lawson. I wonder if she'd adopt me if I give her backrubs and feed her rare meat and avocados. I would so totally do it for the food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are the graphic queen! i love nigella, too. i wish she was on american television more. i just want to hang out and eat with her and listen to her awesome british accent.

      Delete
  2. Ooh Graffiti Moon is super cute I loved it! Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my post. :) A Touch of Dead is a fun read.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.