Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

14 June 2013

Uncovered (68): Boneshaker

Boneshaker by Cherie Priest

Hi, everyone! Happy Friday to you all and thanks for stopping by this week's Uncovered post. This week I have a really great cover from Cheri Priest's Clockwork Century series. Boneshaker is the first book in the series and what a looker it is. I picked this one up just recently at the LA Times Festival of Books. I'd had my eye on it before then but finally purchased it just a few months ago (which reminds me that I need to finish my recap of LATFoB still).  I really love this cover though. I love illustrated/painted covers in general and I think this cover is really eye catching and well done and really gives you a flavor for what the book is going to be like.

I really like the extreme close up on the face, which you don't normally see on steampunk or urban fantasy books. I like that you can see the dirigible in the reflection of the goggles (and what says steampunk more than goggles and dirigibles?). I also love the muted palette and how the gold goggle really pop against it. Throw in a great font and it all adds up to a pretty awesome looking cover. I can't wait to read this one! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.