Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

10 June 2013

Manicure Monday (19): Heart of Obsdian


Hello, Monday!  This week is going to be a crazy week for me. My friend is getting married on Saturday and I am in it. Lots to do. I am also doing the bride's nails which is fun but also a little nerve wracking.

This week's Manicure Monday is a from the lovely cache of signed books I received last week. There was no way I wasn't starting Nalini Singh's new book, Heart of Obsidian," ASAP and I finished it within a couple of days. And let me just say that fans of the series will not be disappointed. If you haven't read the book and/or don't know who the hero of the book is yet and don't want to be spoiled, you may want to skip this post. Because my manicure does give away who the hero is. You've been warned. 

Heart of Obsdian

I actually had some trouble with this manicure. I don't know what was wrong with me but I kept choosing the wrong colors and smudging what I had already done. This is a pretty simple manicure but it took a while because I kept messing it up.

As you can see, I did a gradient (one of my go to techniques) to mimic the fiery sky on the cover. Then, for my accent nail, I used the symbol of a certain character from this series (see, kind of no spoilers). I used a nail stamp for that. The star is actually a little bit crooked but I went with it. 

Heart of Obsdian

Heart of Obsdian

Colors used:
  • China Glaze Lemon Fizz (light yellow)
  • Zoya Arizona (med orange)
  • OPI A Roll in the Hague (orange)
  • Wet N Wild Black
  • CND Silver Chrome (silver)
All you Nalini Singh fans out there must get this book! I think it's one of the best of the series and is definitely one I will be re-reading again soon. Here is a link to the first two chapters of Heart of Obsidian on Nalini's blog. Soooo good.

Thanks for stopping by this week! If you would like to participate in Manicure Monday, just link up below and I'll be sure to visit. Have a colorful week, everyone!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.