Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

17 June 2013

Manicure Monday (20): Love and Other Perishable Items


Hi, everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and Father's Day. I spent most of yesterday just vegging out and watching Fringe with some friends as I recovered from me weekend shenanigans. I was a bit uninspired this week for Manicure Monday. Not sure what it was but I just wasn't feeling super creative. Despite this, I still ended up liking the final look a lot.

Love and Other Perishable Items

This week's MM book is Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo. I have heard good things about this book and it looked like a fun, contemp read. I really like it so far though I am only about 20 - 30 pages in right now. I told you I haven't had time to read lately. I decided to go pretty literal with this manicure and did a simple design that mimicked the title font and also incorporated the cool heart on the cover.


Love and Other Perishable Items

I used a white base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (from the Spiderman collection) and made the letters using a raspberry ultra fine Sharpie. I really wish I'd had a Sharpie the same dark red as the cover but I just didn't. I have never written on my nails with Sharpie before and I think it worked OK. It was a little hard but the end result is fine. If I'd had a really fun paintbrush, I might have attempted to paint it. Or a nail polish pen would be good if you had one. Be careful if you decide to put a top coat on it though. I tried it on one finger and the Sharpie wanted to smear.

For the heart, I mixed American Apparel Downtown LA and Berry together to get a darker red and painted it on with a brush. Then I used American Apparel Hassid (a black) to shade in the edges. All in all, it was a pretty easy manicure to accomplish.

Love and Other Perishable Items

Has anyone else read this book yet? I am hoping to finish it this week. Thanks for visiting. Link up your Manicure Monday post below.

ETA: I can't seem to get the linky button to pop up so, if you are participating, just leave your link in the comments below and I'll check it out. Thanks!





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.