Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

20 October 2013

Stacked (77): YABC Book Swap


Happy Sunday, friends. Have you all been enjoying your weekend? It's still quite warm here in California so I have been able to enjoy being outside a bit. It is getting cooler at night though, which is nice, and it's starting to feel more like fall. I bought a few baby pumpkins over the weekend, and am starting to get my Halloween on.  I have a pretty awesome book haul this week. I did a little Kindle shopping and made out like a bandit at the YABC book swap (but more on that later).

Bought
My friends sometimes make fun of me because I have this crazy long Amazon wishlist. I use it really as a means to remember things I want to reach/check out. With Goodreads now it's a bit easier to just mark things as Want To Read instead of putting them on my wishlist, but it's still really long. Occasionally I will go through it and cull things and see if anything has dropped in price. I was able to snag a couple of great deals this week because of that.


Duke of Midnight by Elizabeth Hoyt - This is the newest book in Hoyt's Maiden Lane series and was just released. I have been waiting for this one and the Kindle price was less than $4. Sold! Already read this one and it's prety awesome.

Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone - This is one from my wishlist that I noticed had gone on sale. No doubt it did so because the second book in the series is coming out really soon, but I never would have known had I not been going through my wishlist. It was only $1.99 when I bought it earlier this week. Not sure if it's still on sale but you should definitely check if you want it. I hear good things about this series.

Received
So the other part of my haul this week came from the YABC Book Swap. YABC is the Young Adult Book Council, a great group in Los Angeles that started with a book club but they also put on other types of events. It's a small group and consists of librarians, educators, bloggers and YA enthusiasts. Every once in a while they will organize a swap where you can bring in books and also take books. My goal is to bring back less than I brought. This time I think I broke about even, but I got an awesome stack of books. And this was only a small selection of it. If you live in the LA area and are interested in future YABC events (including future swaps), follow @yabc_la on Twitter for updates. The turnout was good and I was glad to see some of the bloggers we met at the LAPL Teen Book Fest there.


I am not going to list all of these books because I am way too lazy but I am most excited for This Song Will Save Your Life, Rot & Ruin, The Faerie Ring and The Beautiful & The Cursed. My friend was making fun of me because I definitely picked up a lot of books because of their covers. What can I say? I love a good cover.

That's my book haul for this week. Now I need to go make myself presentable because I am finally going to see Gravity this afternoon. Space freaks me out so I am sure I will come back a bit traumatized, but I hear it's amazing. If you have a book haul post, link it in the comments below and I'll stop by. Have a wonderful afternoon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.