Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

05 October 2013

Current Obsession: Jaws (Still Awesome)


I recently saw Jaws again on the big screen (thanks, Arclight!) and it is still awesome some 30 odd years later. I'd seen it a bunch of times on cable before but, seeing it in a theater really made me pay attention to it. It's probably better than most of the giant special effects and star laden million dollar blockbusters that are put out today.  Seriously, the acting is top notch (why did I never realize how funny Richard Dreyfuss was in this movie?) and the dialogue is really smart.  There are a lot of really funny lines, too, which I don't remember from my previous viewings. Every actor is excellent in this.

That animatronic shark still scares the crap out of me and its absence is even scarier than when we do see it. There are times when they are just looking at the water, waiting for the shark to appear, that are so suspenseful.  That first scene with the girl being dragged through the later (with nary a shark in sight) is still probably one of the scariest things I have ever seen.

The film is based on a book by Peter Benchley. I've never read it but I want to now.

Previous obsession: Veronica Mars (still into this and am in the middle of Season 2 right now)
So not obsessed with: Now You See Me - Just watched this last week with a friend and it was really lame.




image copyright Universal Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.