Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

14 October 2013

Manicure Monday (36): Under The Never Sky


It's Monday which means it's time for another Manicure Monday post. This week I am reading Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. I have been meaning to start this series for ages, and have finally got around to doing it. Let's check out the manicure.


As you can see, I decided to go with a sky theme, trying to recreate the look of the night sky that is in the lettering of the book. On my ring finger and thumb, I did something a little different with a gradient and squiggly lines to mimic the top portion of the book which has these cool tendrils streaking out all over the place. I haven't read too far in the book yet so not sure what those streaky things are, but am hoping to find out soon. 


I used a bunch of colors in this and I don't want to list them all but I will give you a few of the most prominent ones. I used Zoya Megan (grey), Cult Nails Tempest (white), OPI Euros...Eurso (dark blue) and Keancolor Black. The galaxy nails were easy to create. If you look up "galaxy nails" you can find a ton of tutorials. But you just need a makeup sponge and a bit of patience to do them. For the accent nails, I used a makeup sponge for the gradient and a really thin paintbrush to paint the lines. 



Forgot to mention that I used a dotting tool to make the stars. If you don't have one, you can just use a toothpick or the end of a bobby pin. Anything will work really.

What do you guys think of this week's manicure? I am really excited to finally be starting this series. Thanks so much for stopping by. Please leave a link to any bookish manicures you do, and I will be sure to visit. Have a good week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.