Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

20 May 2013

Manicure Monday (17): Dead Man's Deal


Good morning and happy Monday. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Thanks for coming by to my Manicure Monday post, a weekly feature where I show off one of my current reads and a manicure to go with it. This week I am reading Dead Man's Deal by Jocelynn Drake.

Dead Man's Deal

Please pardon this super awkward pose, but I wanted to get all of my nails in the pic. As you can see, I am reading an e-copy version of the book. While I love my e-reader, a b&w cover does not inspire much. Luckily I had my computer at hand to see what this cover really looked like in full color glory. 

Dead Man's Deal

You can see a bit of a sneak peek at what I did to my nails above. This is a really fun and vibrant cover. I really like the mix of blue with the orange. I wasn't sure what to do with this one at first since it seemed to have a lot of stuff going on but nothing that I could think of that would translate to nails. In the end, I decided to do a sponged gradient on my 4 fingers with shades of white and blue. I knew I wanted to do an accent nail with a skull as well and decided to incorporate the orange into that nail.

Colors used:
  • Wet N Wild French White (white)
  • Wet N Wild Black Creme (black)
  • Barry M Cobalt Blue (med blue)
  • Studio M Decidedly Devious (dark blue)
  • Zoya Thandie (orange)
  • Sinful Colors black striper pen (black brush striper for skull teeth)
Dead Man's Deal

The gradient came out better than I thought it was going to though it's not perfect and I could definitely benefit from practicing it more. But, for a first try, I think it went pretty well and I am happy with the way the colors match.

The skull came next and it was my favorite party. I used this tutorial online for my skull face, and it as super easy. I really liked how it came out and I am still wearing the little skull even though I took the rest of the manicure off. I could definitely see myself rocking a full skull mani for Halloween. 

Dead Man's Deal

Yeah, I love that skull. As for the book itself, I am about 30% in and enjoying it so far. I've been having a hard time concentrating for the past few days so I haven't made as much progress as I would have liked but I am enjoying the story. I am a fan of Gage's and I hope he can find his way out his troubles in this book.

Just a side note that I'll be away this upcoming weekend for some fun bridal shower shenanigans. This means that there probably won't be a Stacked or Manicure Monday post this upcoming week. I'd like to say that I'll schedule those posts beforehand, but I have a feeling that I won't have time to do it. So if you don't see me, you'll know where I am. I will be back after Memorial Day, hopefully relaxed and with some books read.

Thanks for coming by and let me know what you think of this manicure in the comments below.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.