Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

13 May 2013

Manicure Monday (16): Because You're Mine


Hello, everyone, and welcome to another week of Manicure Monday. Basically you pick up your current read and, either create a manicure based on the cover, or juts show us your current manicure. I am a big nail polish lover (and am slowly experimenting with nail art) and I wanted a meme to celebrate both my love of nail polish and my love of books. Hence, Manicure Monday!

So there are going to be quite a few pics this week because I am actually pretty proud of this week's manicure. It's a lot more involved than most of my manicures and I think the results are pretty good for a first try.

Because You're Mine

Because You're Mine

As you can see, the book is Lisa Kleypas's Because You're Mine, which I picked up from the library last weekend. You guys might know that I am a big Kleypas fan and I can never resist when I find one of her books at the library. I've read most of them but I still come across new ones occasionally.

I decided to do and abstract rose manicure to go with the rose on the cover (which is also mentioned in the book). I've been meaning to try this for a little while now and I thought the theme went really well with this cover. There are lots of rose tutorials out there and they are all pretty similar. I read a few of them and just winged it. But some good ones are here, here, and here. I used dotting tools to make my shapes and it worked pretty well. I think it would have been a little better if I'd had a small paintbrush but I am satisfied with the results. I used a bunch of polishes so I am just going to list them below.

  • Avon Sunshine - golden creamy yellow which I also think is aptly named since the heroine in this is quite optimistic.
  • American Apparel Downtown LA - bright red
  • Wet N Wild Black - black used to make roses
  • Nubar Greener - dark green for leaves
  • Orly Fresh - bright green for leaf highlights
Because You're Mine

Because You're Mine

So there you have it.  A really fun, pretty easy rose manicure. If you decide to participate in Manicure Monday, please leave a link in the widget below. Thanks and have an awesome week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.