Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

14 April 2012

In My Mailbox (28): An Eclectic Mix



In My Mailbox is a weekly meme inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It gives book bloggers the chance to share what they’ve bought/borrowed/received!

Keeping it relatively light this week. Most of my week has been consumed with finishing A Discovery of Witches for my book club meeting next week. I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to finish the 600 page behemoth of a book with only 10 days til the meeting. Luckily I really like the book and zoomed through most of it last weekend. I only have about 7% left to go.

Library (e-books)



The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters - I've heard good things about this. I have never read a Sarah Waters book before.

Delicacy by David Foekinos - Another one I don't know much about except that it's the basis for a new Audrey Tatou movie and I love her.

Trial By Fire by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - This is the second book in the series and I have to admit that I haven't read the first book yet. I do have it in HC though.

Worth Any Price (Bow Street Runners #3) by Lisa Kleypas - Third book in her Bow Street series. Which reminds me that I need to write my review for book two...

For Review 


Ruined by Rumor by Alyssa Everett- Both Alethea and I are big fans of Alyssa's last book, A Tryst With Trouble (see A's review here), and I was super excited to see her new book on NetGalley this week. Unfortunately the publisher of Tryst is going through some financial troubles right now so the release has been pushed back indefinitely. But she's a great writer and I am looking forward to this. Keep an eye out on the blog for my review and an interview of Alyssa about Tryst soon.

That's my week in books. What are y'all up to this weekend? I might scare myself and go see The Cabin In The Woods. It's also raining which means perfect reading weather. I'd love to hear your plans for the weekend. Comment and leave your IMM links as I'd love to visit. Have a great weekend!


5 comments:

  1. I loved Jennifer Lynne Barne's Every Other Day, and really want to read her Raised by Wolves series now. I've heard good things, I hope you enjoy. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome set of books. I haven't read any of these, but a Little Stranger sounds interesting.

    Thanks for stopping by my IMM .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover for Trial by Fire! I have to check out book 1 of that. The others are new to me. Great haul!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very eclectic indeed! ;) Hope you'll enjoy them! And hope you finished and really liked 'A Discovery of Witches'. I have been wondering whether to read it or not. I hear so many opposite things about it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had my eye on A Discovery of Witches but the size is intimidating! I may listen to the audio sometime. Good to know the book is a relatively fast read for you. Hope you enjoy all your books and that you liked Cabin in the Woods if you saw it :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.