Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

03 April 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books To Read In A Day

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week focuses on a different topic and you make a top ten list from it! This week's topic is: Top Ten Nine Books To Read In A Day.

I haven't done a Top Ten Tuesday in awhile but the topic this week was right up my alley. After all, our whole rating system is based off of how much sleep you lose over a book. So here are some books that I'd stay up all night to read.


Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout - This book is addictive and you'll definitely want to finish it in one day!


The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I tell everyone that they'll want to read this book in a day. It's so GRIPPING!


Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling #10) by Nalini Singh - I pretty much read all Nalini Singh books in one day but this is one of my favorites. A lot of people were waiting for this one and it didn't disappoint.


Dark Lover by J.R. Ward - My first peek into the Black Dagger Brotherhood. This opened up a whole new world of paranormal romance to me and the story is great.

i like this uk cove better than the us version
Unwind by Neil Schusterman - A really creepy and original take on the future. I recommend this book at the time. 


Cinder by Marissa Meyer - Cyborg Cinderella! What's not to love. I devoured this in a day.


Firelight by Kristen Callihan - Loved this historical romance with a paranormal twist. I can't wait for the next book in the series.


Married by Morning (The Hathaways #4) by Lisa Kleypas - This is my favorite book from the series. You can't help but fall in love with these characters. Sexy romance and awesome dialogue, too. 


Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - Love this series and read the first two books back to back. Thanks God for Kindle or I would have gone crazy waiting until the bookstore opened the next day.

Did any of my books make your list? Let me know in the comments. :)



12 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! I totally agree with you about The Hunger Games. I just bought Obsidian a few weeks ago. I haven't gotten to read it yet, but I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cinder's on my list too, yea! And now you've got me intrigued by Obsidian. I think I'll have to find it soon...

    Here's my Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently reading Unwind... it is a really interesting imagined future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, just popping in... 'Cinder' is an awesome choice.

    I’m also your newest follower!

    :) Here is my choice...
    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. VA is taunting from my bedside table. "Why haven't you started me?". I can't wait to find time to read my 1st BDB book. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. VA is a great book. MMM Dimitri. Cinder is on waiting on my Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh I keep hearing great things about Obsidian, I want to read it NOW! And people keep recombining the VA series to me, I kind of had a tiff with vampire books and gave them up for a bit, but I swear those will break me down haha.

    Great picks, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, Obsidian was a one sit read for me. I could not put it down. I am totally in love with Daemon Black. And of course VA is such an amazing series to read. I could probably devour at least a couple of those books in a day. So hard to set aside.

    And I loved Cinder too. That story was magical and adorable and I had so hoped the sequel would be out in six months. The year wait will kill me!

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Obsidian and Cinder look so good! Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just read Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo in a day... SO FREAKING AWESOME. <3

    Did the same with Firelight (though I didn't love it, it was pretty good. Great list! Hunger Games and Unwind would definitely be on my top ten if I did this meme :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sad you didn't love firelight but you can't love everything. and omg i totally want to read shadow and bone. it looks so good. another book to add to the list. :)

      Delete
  11. YES! Love the list. I'm not familiar with the Psy-Changeling (is that right?) series, but I'll be checking it out! This is one of the reasons I love the TTT meme. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.