Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

07 April 2012

In My Mailbox (27): Love & Zombies



In My Mailbox is a weekly meme inspired by Alea at Pop Culture Junkie hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It gives book bloggers the chance to share what they’ve bought/borrowed/received!

Happy Easter weekend, everyone! Do you have Easter plans this weekend? I am not really into the whole Easter thing so I may take myself out to a movie tomorrow. It sucks that so many places are closed on Easter. I do want to get some Easter candy before it's all gone, though.:) Good book week for me. Still trying not to buy too many and finish my NetGalley titles. I also have some book events coming up this month so I want to save my money for them. The library is great, as usual, for finding new books. 

Library


Where Things Come Back by Corey Whaley - I have heard great things about this one and Corey is actually coming for a library visit in my town with Maggie Stiefvater in a few weeks.

Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs - Don't know much about this one but I liked the premise and cool cover.

The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith - I've been trying to get this one for ages from the library. So happy it finally came in.

Baking From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan - I can never get enough cookbooks. :)

For Review 


Little Brown tweeted last week about having extra ARCS of  Belles, Purity, The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict and Drowned Cities.  I sent them a quick email in the hopes of getting in before they ram out and these came about a week later. Awesome, right? I am most looking forward to Purity and Drowned Cities.


Ashen Winter (Ashfall #2) by Mike Mullin - I just finished Ashfall and was excited to see the sequel on NetGalley.

Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard - Historical fiction with zombies! I am so down with this.

Velveteen by Daniel Marks - One of my favorite books as a kid was The Velveteen Rabbit, which is why this book caught my eye. Story good though as I always like a good revenge story.

Received


Lover Reborn!!!! by JR Ward - *Long story alert* I was on the library waitlist for this but it was taking FOREVER to get a copy even though I was super high on the list. Meanwhile I am dying every day watching people read it on Goodreads and twitter. Finally my friend (who was also waiting for her library hold) said enough was enough and she decided to buy Kindle copies for me and my other friend. Then I bought her a copy. So now we all have copies. :) I stayed up until 5:30am on Thursday reading it and finished it Friday afternoon. Totally worth the $14.99. (note - i only didn't want to buy it in hardback because the rest of my series in in pb. I will buy it later this year when it comes out in pb.)

So that's my haul for this week. Leave a comment and link me your IMMs and I'll stop by. Have a good weekend and don't eat too many Cadbury eggs!


14 comments:

  1. Lots of interesting looking books in your mailbox. Ststistical Love is also on my list of books to be read too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What what!! Totally want to read Purity. Er, after the 30 million other books I have sitting around. So you know, SOON. Lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you wanna borrow sometime. Looks short.

      Delete
  3. I have a review copy of Velveteen as well and am really looking forward to reading it. I'm jealous you got a copy of Something Strange and Deadly! Enjoy reading!

    New Linky Follower!

    Take a look at what's in my mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many books here I want to read! Velveteen, Ashen Winter, Belles...AHH LOOK SO GOOD! Hope you like them!

    New Follower :-)

    My IMM: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox_07.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I am a huge fan of the Mysterious Benedict Society series, I've read all three books, I didn't know about this one! Did this just come out? Is it a prequel or something, a novel, not a quiz-book of sorts, similar to the one they also had just recently released? So sorry for all the questions, but I got excited seeing this particular book in your mailbox. Great of you to have it. Sooo envious.

    Here's mine over at GatheringBooks:
    http://gatheringbooks.wordpress.com/2012/04/08/in-my-mailbox-42-the-science-fiction-and-hardcore-fantasy-edition/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I got Statistical Prob too! Can't wait to read it!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul as well. I got Belles, Statisical Prob as well. Great haul.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness your mailbox haul is AMAZING!

    Statstical Prob is amazing. So is Where Things Come Back.

    AND I LOVE COOKBOOKS TOO even though I don't understand them.
    AND look at all the Little Brown awesomeness.

    Happy reading :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got Belles this week too! So excited to read it :) I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you have a nice haul for this week!

    Happy reading,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got a lot of nice books this week. I have been wanting to read Sweet Venom for a while now. I wish my library would carry it. :o(
    Happy reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  12. ZOMBIES!!! Actually I read Something Strange and Deadly and wa disappointed by the lack of zombies. There are barely any. Ashen Winter I'm SOOO excited to read!! Great haul!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good books this week! I loved Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight and thought Sweet Venom is a good introduction to an exciting series. :) I also got Velveteen this week but forgot to add it! I'll add it to next weeks...

    Anyway, enjoy your reads! You have a lot!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.