Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

24 August 2013

Nalini Singh at Mysterious Galaxy Redondo Beach

Hi, everyone. This is a ridiculously late recap post. I don't know what happened. I planned on writing this the same week it happened but time just got away from me and now it's months later. Hope you guys don't mind this trip down memory lane. :)

If you don't know, Nalini Singh is one of my most favorite authors. I'll pretty much read anything by her. When I heard that she was touring for the newest book in her Psy-Changeling series, I was ecstatic. The SoCal tour stop was set for Mysterious Galaxy Redondo Beach, which isn't that close to me. I knew it would take me at least an hour to get there - in good traffic. So I decided to take the afternoon off and leave really early and just hang out. I bought my copy of Heart of Obsidian, got a cold coffee beverage, and sat down to read while I waited for the signing.


There were actually quite a few people there who showed up early, too, and I ended up chatting with some of them. It's really fun hanging out with people who love the same books as you do because it's like you already speak the same language. About half and hour before showtime, the staff let us back into the store to get seats. There was a good crowd there by that time though more would show up later. And finally it was time for Nalini to come out! She looked cute as always, in a gorgeous print dress. I kind of love the picture below because of the MG employee doing some sneaky legwork. 


The event started right off with questions from the audience. Someone asked if Amara would ever got her own story. Nalini said that, though she would definitely be back, Amara would not get her own HEA story. She's too unstable and "crazy." Nalini did confirm that there will be more stories on the Arrows. This elicited much cheering from the audience.

Someone asked if Nalini would ever go back to Dark River (we haven't had a Dark River story in a long time). Nalini said that she she always intended for Dark River to be a small, unique pack. They don't have many members and she knew that there would be fewer stories from them. However, she said that she would definitely go back to Dark River one day (yay!).


When asked if she writes for herself or tries to please her audience, Nalini said that she writes to please herself. She knows that she can't please everyone and that she goes with her gut when writing.

One of the hot topics was what kind of pup-cubs would Riley and Mercy have. Nalini didn't give anything away but she did confirm that the kids would be all wolf or all cat, not a mix.


When asked who some of her favorite authors were, Nalini mentioned JD Robb, Ilona Andrews, Meljean Brook and Julie James

Then it was time for signing! Unfortunately the staff at MG decided to line people up by letting everyone standing go first and everyone sitting go last. So, even though most of us sitting had been there for hours, we had to go last. It was worth it to see Nalini but I still wish I could have gotten closer to the front of the line. 


Nalini was sweet and gracious and signed the big stack of books I had. We had a nice chat about her travels and touring before I said goodbye and let the next person go. By then there were less than 10 people left in the line and I was pooped. Luckily traffic wasn't terrible and I made it home in less than an hour.

I had a great time at the signing. I don't usually go to a lot of signings by myself but I made some friends there and had fun. I really hope Nalini comes back again soon. If you're interested in seeing a few more pics from the event, you can check out my Facebook album.  And if you've never read a Nalini Singh book, do it! I am totally enabling you to do it right now.

Thanks for hanging out and reading this overdue recap. I think I have one more recap event I need to post about to catch up. Have you been to any great signings recently?






No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.