Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

12 August 2013

Manicure Monday (27): Winger


Hello, again. The weekend seems to have come and gone in a flash, but I guess that's nothing unusual. Thanks for stopping by my Manicure Monday post this week. If you don't know, Manicure Monday is my weekly feature where I showcase one of my current reads along with a matching manicure. I am a bit of a nail fanatic and this feature lets me combine two of my loves into a fun feature. If you decide to participate, just leave your link in the comments below and I will be sure to stop by. Now onto the nails!

This week I started reading Winger by Andrew Smith. It's the story of a teen ahead in school and two years younger than everyone in his grade. There's rugby involved and the text is sprinkled with drawn comics. I am not too far into it yet but am really liking it so far. I like Andrew Smith's writing and am looking forward to seeing where this story goes.


I already had a rough idea of what I wanted to do for this manicure after seeing this cover. The stripes on the tie stood out visually to me and I knew that I wanted to incorporate it into my manicure. I also knew that I wanted to incorporate the awesome painting on the back cover of the book. 


Isn't this painting awesome? I really like it and tried to do my own mini version on my accent nail. (You can also see that I borrowed this book from the library. Hey - gotta love the library.)


As you can see, it's not the best rendition, but it's not terrible given the fact that I did it on my nail and I am not a painter. :) 


Here is the final look. The main colors used for this manicure were American Apparel Downtown LA (red), Essie After School Boy Blazer (navy - and don't you love that name?) and Essie Mint Candy Apple which is the greenish blue I used for the background on my accent nail. The face was made with various shades that I am too lazy to list here. I wish I had my my red stripes a little thinner. They look too thick here. Overall though I like this look. The face was hard to paint, but not as hard as I thought it would be. 

Hope you liked this week's manicure. Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.