Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

26 August 2013

Manicure Monday (29): Storm


Hi, everyone. I am back for another Manicure Monday. Today I have Storm by Brigid Kemmerer, a really fun YA paranormal series. I've been meaning to start this series for and finally managed to get to it this weekend. I plowed through it in a couple of days. It's great fun and very angsty with cute boys and super powers. What more can you ask for, right?  Let's see what look I came up with.


Since this cover has an amazing array of blues on it, I decided to do an ombre manicure with an accent nail. It's kind of hard to see but I used four different shades of blue, going from light to dark, painting each finger a different color. The four shades of blue I used were (from light to dark) Zoya Yummy, Essie Butler Please, Sinful Colors My Buoyfriend and OPI Eurso...Eurso. I also wanted to create a lightning effect on those nails and used OPI silver shatter on the blue nails to get the look of lightning streaking through the sky. 



Finally, on my accent nail, I used a chartreuse yellow shade by Sinful Colors called High Strung.  I decided to make the little star symbol on the cover though I reversed the colors because I did not think that I would be able to write with yellow on black very well. I am not sure how accurate to the story this star is since they used a five pointed star in the book. Maybe it was just for the cover design and has nothing to do with the book or maybe it has hidden meaning...


What do you guys think? I had fun with this one and was happy with the final result. I am waiting for book 2, Spark, to come in from the library. I want to keep reading about these brothers and their lives. Thanks for stopping by today. Leave a comment below to your MM link if you decide to participate. Have a good week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.