Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

06 December 2013

Uncovered (88): Imaginary Girls


Hello and welcome to Uncovered, my weekly cover love post where I wax poetic about a cover I am currently lusting after. Happy Friday, everyone! I don't know about you, but I have had a hard time getting back into the swing of things after the Thanksgiving break. So I am really glad that it's Friday and that the weekend is upon us again. I am very close to wrapping up my Christmas shopping, so yay! for that.

This week's pick Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma, which is a few years old but I snagged a copy recently and was reminded of how much I like the cover. These days there are a lot of underwater covers but, at the time that this came out, there were very few. This cover is a wonderful blend of beautiful and creepy. It's unclear from this image if the girl is swimming or drowning, adding to the eeriness of the cover. I love the bright colors and how the red really jumps out against the blue. This cover is a knockout. Unfortunately the book had a cover change when it was released in paperback. Why, I am still not sure. The new cover is nice but I much prefer this one.

I hope you enjoyed today's cover pick. Let me know what you think of this one in the comments below. Thanks and happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.