Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

08 December 2013

Stacked (84)


Hello! Thanks for stopping by Stacked, my weekly haul post where I share with you what books I've bought, borrowed and received during the week.

Hi, guys. I hope you're all having a fabulous weekend. Sorry I didn't have a review up this week. I really meant to but I have been feeling under the weather all week and just could not concentrate long enough to write a review. I am feeling a bit better so hoping things get back to normal next week. It's finally getting cold here in Southern California, as well, which is putting me in the Christmas mood. That reminds me that I need to put up my tree and finish my Christmas shopping. But you're here for the books, right? Let's get to it.

Bought


The Waking Dark by Robin Wasserman - This murder mystery looks quite creepy and I was excited when it was the Kindle daily deal last week and I grabbed it for a sweet price.

In One Person by John Irving - I am a big John Irving fan but hand't picked up his latest book yet. But it's on sale this month on Kindle for a really great price and I finally snagged it.


Harry Potter softcover box set - During Black Friday, B&N had a really great coupon for an additional 30% off of one item. I used it to buy myself a little Christmas present. I have the series in hardcover already but I love the new paperback covers as well and bought the set. It's gorgeous.


Unsouled by Neal Shusterman - Again another buy with a B&N coupon, this time in-store. All of the books in this series were 50% off and I had a coupon on top of that. Final price was about $6. I am a couple of book behind on this series but am excited to catch up.

Borrowed


Sex & Violence by Carrie Mesrobian - The Reading Date recently gave this one a really good review and it popped up on the new release shelf at my library, prompting me to give it a try.

Between by Kerry Schafer - I don't know very much about this book except that I have been seeing it a lot lately. My library doesn't have the best sci-fi sectioni so I was surprised to see this one on the shelf. The book deals with dreams, which I am really interested in. Hoping it's good.

Is anyone else hoping that Santa brings them books this year? I don't get books very often but I always wish for them. Happy Sunday, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.