Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

16 December 2013

Manicure Monday (43): Sex & Violence


Manicure Monday is weekly feature where I combine by love of nail polish and reading and share with you one of my current reads along with a matching book manicure. I hope you enjoy this feature as much as I enjoy doing it.

Hello again! The weekend passed by so quickly this week. I had a couple of fun shopping dates with my friends, saw The Hobbit (so much fun!) and wrapped a lot of presents. This week's manicure was inspired by Sex & Violence by Carrie Mesrobian. I've only just started this book but I like it so far. There isn't a whole lot going on this cover but, after a little bit of thinking, I knew what I wanted to do for this week's manicure.


The swirling lines and energetic feel of the cover made me want to do something funky and a little edgy. I remembered and awesome tutorial I saw recently from Chalkboard Nails on how to do a distressed manicure. I used 2 coats of Cult Nails Tempest, an awesome white, as the base for this look. Then, using the method that Chalkboard Nails describes, I painted on 3 other colors that I thought matched the cover well. They were American Apparel Cameo Blue, Essie Blue Boy Blazer and Essie Lollipop




The red I used was a little more pink than I would have liked but, other than that, I really liked this manicure. It's got a really punky vibe and it was super easy to do. I can imagine doing it in lots of different colors combos for totally different looks.

Hope you guys liked today's manicure. Let me know what you think in the comments below. Have a week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.