Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

08 March 2013

Uncovered (54): Unnatural Creatures


It's Friday and that means it's time for a dose of cover love. This week I have Unnatural Creatures, an anthology of stories collected by Neil Gaiman. Other than the fact that I will read anything that Neil Gaiman puts his name on, I also think this cover is quite beautiful. Obviously the text is a big element and I really like the way it is incorporated into the decorative border.The border is where a lot of the really cool details are. I don't have a high-res image of this but I can see that there are lots of tiny details in the border. Like I can see a mermaid and a really cool lizard and some awesome tentacles. This cover also looks like one that is going to have an embossed or textured surface (at least I hope so) which will make it look even better.

This one doesn't come out until April unfortunately but it's already on my Amazon wishlist. What do you guys think? Love it, hate it? Let me know in the comments below!




2 comments:

  1. Neil Gaiman is a favorite of mine. At first glance you don't really take in the details of border. You really have to soak it in to appreciate it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know. i think the actual book is going to be so pretty. wish if came out a bit sooner.

      Delete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.