Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

24 March 2013

Stacked (47)


Hi, everyone. Why does Sunday always come so fast? I know I sound like a broken record but work's been rough. I really value weekend because they give me a little time to recover from the week. This weekend I will be spending my time doing some shopping and hanging out with friends. And reading of course. I had a pretty small book week this week. Kept it to a few ebooks. I received the case I ordered for my new Kindle so now I will be able to carry it with me. I am behind on my e-galleys and hope to catch up a bit in the coming weeks.


The Lady Always Wins by Courtney Milan - Short story by one of my favorite romance writers. Not as heavy hitting as some of her other novellas have been but still an emotional and engaging read.

Cursed by Jennifer Armentrout - I have been wanting to read this one for a while now and last week it was a Kindle daily deal.

The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski - This is supposed to be part of othe "new adult" trend going on right now. Still not sure what that means but the reviews have been favorable so I decided to give it a try.


I also could not resist buying The Hobbit this week. I don't buy too many DVDs these days but I really liked this one. There'e just something really comforting to me about this world. So yup, it's mine now.

That's all I have for books this week. I just have to tell you all that I went and saw Olympus Has Fallen last night and it was as bad as I thought it would be. If Die Hard and Under Siege had a baby, it would be this movie. It was so unoriginal. There were some good fight scenes and I love Gerard Butler as an action start but, yeah, it just made me want to watch Die Hard when I got home. Hahaha. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!






4 comments:

  1. Awesome books! I really need to read Cursed too! I've had it forever :) Thanks for the e-book! I downloaded an app for my phone so I can read it soon! So excited for WonderCon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha maybe more books to add to the challenge. :) i think i am making decent progress actually. hope to see you soon, nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up Cursed too, and still need to read Edge of Never sometime. Glad to hear you liked The Hobbit enough to own it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.