Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

30 March 2012

Uncovered (7): Ready Player One

us cover

left to right: spanish, norway, uk editions

This week on Uncovered, we have not just one, but four covers for you. These are four covers to Ernest Cline's Ready Player One.  I have heard lots of amazing things about this book and it's set in the 80's which is when I grew up. I am excited to get into all of the nerdy 80's pop culture references. I have both the audio (read by Wil Wheaton) and the hardcover. 

While I really like the US edition, I have to say that I think my favorite might have to be the UK version. I love how the video game graphics embody the feel and era of the book. The blue Spanish cover is fun, too, but I don't like it as much as the UK version. The Norwegian cover is really interesting. It's like a crazy head maze and is a little creepy to boot. I am not sure how this image plays into the plot since I haven't read the book yet but it's pretty cool.

What do you think? Which cover do you like best?
say "twee!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.