Welcome to Manicure Monday, my weekly meme where I show you what I am reading and wearing on my nails. It was bound to happen sometime that I would be reading a Kindle book and would therefore not be able to get a picture of my nails with the physical book. There's just something about that grey e-ink screen that just looks so drab next to fun nails. To liven it up I tired to take a pic of my nails with the book on my phone's Kindle app which is at least in color. It's not the best pic but I made you guys a photo collage to make up for it.
Over the weekend I read Sins & Needles by Karina Halle. I don't know if you guys have heard of this one but I feel like it's been popping up a lot lately. It's on sale for only $0.99 for your e-book until March 1.
On my nails is an awesome nail polish by indie polish brand Lacquerhead. This shade is called Lexis and it's a black holo. For those who don't know, holo means that it has a special pigment in it that makes it looks like there's a 3D rainbow in there. I love, love, love holo polishes and was happy to find a true black one. I know the photos above aren't the best but they show what it looks like in shade (top) and in sun (bottom). The holo really comes out in the sun and is super sparkly and rainbow-y. I think this is a pretty fitting polish for this book because it's dark but, in certain circumstances, you can see that there is more to it. It reminds me of Ellie and Camden, the two main characters in Sins & Needles.
I have a review for Sins & Needles coming up soon but the sale is ending on Friday and I wanted to do a quick giveaway before then. You all get a free entry but the catch is that you have to leave me the e-book format you prefer as well as the email address to send it to in the Rafflecopter form. That way, when I pick winners, I can buy the books ASAP and send them to you before the price goes up. I know the price difference isn't huge but a girl's gotta save where she can. Oh and did I say I am giving away 3 copies? Yes, 3 copies. Usual rules below. Good luck!
- Open Internationally.
- We are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
- One set of entries per household please.
- If you are under 13, please get a parent or guardian's permission to enter, as you will be sharing personal info such as an email address.
- Winner will be chosen randomly via Rafflecopter widget a day or two after the contest ends.
- Winner will have 48 hours to respond to to the email, otherwise we will pick a new winner.
- If you have any questions, feel free to email us. You can review our full contest policy here.
- PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANY PERSONAL INFO IN THE COMMENTS. Sorry for the caps but we always get people leaving their email in the comments. Rafflecopter will collect all that without having personal info in the comments for all the world (and spambots) to find. Thanks!