Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

15 February 2013

Uncovered (51): A Conspiracy of Alchemists


It's Friday so that means it's time for Uncovered, my weekly cover love post. This week I have A Conspiracy of Alchemists by Liesel Schwarz. As you can tell from the cover, this is a steampunk series. This is a very busy looking cover, more so than a lot of the covers that I am drawn to. However, I really like all of the elements. I like the unusual perspective of the female looking out into what should be a flat image but is instead a busting city. Of course there's the Eiffel Tower and a dirigible to boot. What could be better than steampunk Paris?

This cover is like a puzzle where, the longer I look at it, the more I see. I wish I had a copy of this book so I could see the picture frame up close. It looks like there are some cool details in there. Female character looks like a badass gunslinger with fashionable headwear. And who doesn't like redheads? While the font doesn't necessarily match what I think the tone of the book is (looks a little too graffiti style for me), I like the boldness of the pink and the placement of the title. It would definitely jump out at me in a bookstore. 

A Conspiracy of Alchemists doesn't hit bookshelves until March 5, 2013 (Del Rey). 

Love it, hate it? What city would you like to see a steampunk book set it?




3 comments:

  1. Oh I really want to read this book! I got approved to read it on Netgalley so I would like to read it soon. We'll see. Sounds interesting though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i keep waffling on whether or not i want to request it on ng. i want to read it but then i get the netgalley guilt. haha.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous cover! And I adore steampunk, but the last thing I need is another book to read. :D

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.