Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

16 December 2012

Stacked (34): It's Good To Have Friends


Hi, everyone. Welcome to another week of Stacked, my weekly haul post where I share what books I've received over the week. 

I can't believe that it's almost Christmas. Seriously, where did this year go? I am looking forward to some time off after next Friday. I'll be heading out to see my parents and my cute baby niece. I am currently trying to figure out what books I am going to bring home to read during the break. No doubt I will bring too many. I am also super excited that The Hobbit came out this week. I am really going to try to see it this weekend. Well that/s what's going on with me this week. Let's move on to the books.


My friend Bookyurt did a major purge last week. I was lucky enough to get the pick of her books before she got rid of them. Everything in this pile is from her except for the ice cream book which I picked up at the used bookstore. As always, click on the titles to view their Goodreads pages.

(From the top)
Live Wire by Lora Leigh - Looks like a fun romantic suspense type book.
How To Woo a Reluctant Lady by Sabrina Jeffries - This one has a rogue in it. Fun!
Grave Witch and Grave Dance by Katalya Price - First two books in the Alex Craft series. Been meaning to start this one.
A Wild Light by Marjorie M Liu - I <3 Marjorie Liu.
The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan - Super excited about this one. After seeing David Levithan earlier this year, it made me want to read all his book, this one in particular. 
The Dark Enquiry  by Deanna Raybourn - Byurt recommended this one.
Firelight by Sophiai Jordan
Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs - I liked Childs's Sweet Venom and have been wanting to read this one.
Defiance by C.J. Redwine - Really excited about this since I missed it at ALA.
The Mozart Conspiracy by Scott Mariani - Figured I would throw in some adult fiction in here. It looks like a mystery. I am not sure. I liked the cover. :)
Sweet Cream and Sugar Cones - The lone book I bought last week. This is an ice cream book from the Bi-Rite Creamery up in San Francisco. I am a fan of their shop and was super happy to find a used but in great shape copy of this at the used bookstore. Their coffee toffee and salted caramel ice creams are to die for. I hope the recipes are in this book.

Looks like I have a lot to choose from this holiday break. What books did you get this week? Leave me a link to your haul post and I'll stop by. Hope you're all having a fantastic week!




3 comments:

  1. Great book score from your friend! Can't wait to hear what you think of Lover's Dictionary. I'm a big Levithan fan and liked it quite a bit. Lots of good romance titles too! These should keep you busy.

    Hope you like The Hobbit. I see the reviews are mixed but I want to know your opinion of it.

    We used to go to Mitchell's ice cream in San Francisco, and I've never tried Bi-Rite creamery. The cookbook sounds great!

    Happy reading & happy holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh yes, mitchells is good, too. i'll pretty much go wherever there is something sweet and tasty. hoping to go over christmas break even though it'll probably be freezing.

      Delete
  2. nope, i didn't get one, nicole. crystal did though and she said it was great. i am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.