- Read 100 books - As of the writing of this post, I have read approximately 115 books. I say approximately because even though I have a 2012 shelf, it never seems to match up with the book list that I make for the year. You can see all of the books I read on my Goodreads shelf here. While I read quite a few books, I did not review all of them (but more on that below).
- Read from the giant stack of books that I own (or have borrowed from friends) - Hmmm, yeah didn't do so well on this one. I did return a few books to friends but I also went to ALA for the first time and received quite a few ARCs.
- Read my Netgalley books - Yeah another one I didn't do great on. I am slowly catching up but new, awesome books keep becoming available and it's hard not to request them.
- Read Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Game of Thrones - Total fail.
- Reading Challenges - Did pretty well on the Krazy Kleypas Challenge. You can see my wrap-up post here.
- Write reviews in a more timely manner - I am still pretty slow at writing up reviews. I totally admire those of you that can bust out multiple reviews a week. So far I've been pretty consistent with one review a week but I would like to increase that number next year.
Not too shabby though I definitely have room for improvement. That said, here are my goals for 2013.
- Read 100 books - This is a good number for me. It's a challenge but is also achievable for me.
- Read from the giant stack of books that I own (or have borrowed from friends) - I really want to make space and read some of those ARCs from ALA. There's some good stuff in there and I am going to make an effort to read those books instead of buying new ones.
- Read my Netgalley books - Yup, still a goal.
- Start the Series Challenge - My friend Crystal from Elegantly Bound Books and I decided that we are going to challenge ourselves to start series that we both have been meaning to read. Most of these will be YA series thought I might throw in a couple of other series that I want to start as well. First up is the Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent. Oh, and I still want to read Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Game of Thrones.
- Finish/Catch Up the Series Challenge - Not only do I need to start a bunch of series, but I also need to finish/ catch up on a few. I have a tendency to put off finishing a series if I really like it. I just don't want it to end. But really, that's silly. The short list of what I want to catch up on is Paranormalcy, Hush Hush, Mercy Thompson, Soulless, and The Agency.
- Write reviews in a more timely manner - I shall try.
Did you make it this far? If you did, please give yourself a pat on the back. We'll see how I do with all of these. I try not to put too much pressure on myself but having these goals is a nice way to focus my efforts a bit. Do any of you have any bookish goals for 2013?