Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

28 September 2012

Uncovered (33): Soulless


Happy Friday and welcome to another installment of Uncovered. This week's cover is in honor of my book club's selection for September. No doubt you have all probably seen this one. Soulless the first book in Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series. Like a lot of people, I am a huge fan of the covers for this entire series. This one is still my favorite though. There's just something about her posture and the gorgeous purple dress that does it for me. I love the colors on the cover, too, and the foggy London background. Gotta love Alexia's hat in this one, too. Just the right about of steampunk to make it interesting but also totally accessible to non-UF readers. I am a little over halfway through the book at the time of writing this and I gotta say I am loving it.

Have you guys read this series yet? Which book cover from the series is your favorite?

ETA: Thanks to Lee at She Wolf Reads for reminding me that Orbit made a great little video about making the cover to another book in this series, Blameless. Check it out below. It's very cool!





4 comments:

  1. I love these covers, too! I think the first one is my favorite. Orbit really has some of the best cover art out there. There is a YouTube video on the creation of this cover that is pretty cool. Great choice!

    Lee @shewolfreads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i forgot about the video, lee. i just added it so thanks for reminding me. yes orbit does have some awesome covers.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read the series yet, but I do love these covers! When the first book came out, I was in a bookstore, saw the cover in my peripheral vision and had to walk back to it to get a closer look. I finally purchased it for my Kindle a few months ago but have yet to open it (bad habit, do this with physical books too). Glad to hear you're loving it! I'll try to get to it next. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think we all have this problem, angie. too many books, not enough time. :)

      Delete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.