Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

21 September 2012

Uncovered (32): Sacre Bleu


I can't believe it's Friday again already. Yay for the weekend. This week on Uncovered, I have a really beautiful cover for Sacre Bleu by Christopher Moore. I fell in love with this cover the first time I saw it. It's a very stylized painting that calls to mind the French masters of the 19th century, which is what the book is about. I love the female figure and her pose, including how her legs seem to turn into fins or some sort. I think the font is perfect for this style of painting and compliments the theme well. Also love all of the fantastic shades of blue on the cover, ranging from sky to cyan to navy. I admit that I haven't been a huge fan of Moore's covers in the past. They are always sort of generic and flat looking, so it was a really nice surprise to see this was the cover of his new book. 

The lovely cover art on this one is by Aly Fell, a fantastic artist based in the UK. He also did the cover for Discount Armageddon, which I really like as well. If you like this cover and want to see more of Aly's work, head on over to his website (http://www.darkrising.co.uk). There is also a really great interview with Aly over at She Wolf Reads.

That's it for Uncovered this week. Thanks for stopping by. Let me know what you think of this cover in the comments section below.




2 comments:

  1. i like my books a little bit naughty

    parisfan_ca@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover! It's very unique! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.