Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

29 September 2012

Stacked (23)


Hello again! Am I ever grateful that the weekend is here. I know I always say that, but I really mean it this time. I have been having a week, and this vacation is much needed. Last weekend I went to the super fun YA book event, YA Rising Stars at B&N in Glendale, CA. The event was organized by my good friends over at Bridge to Books and I had a great time. Though the event boasted 8 authors, I was controlled and only got a copy of Me, Earl and the Dying Girl signed by Jessie Andrews. I also hit up the library this week and got a few things since they got a bunch of new YA books in. I am on the library wait lists as well for Rapture by JR Ward and The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling. Check out my full haul below. As usual, click on the titles to learn more about these books at their Goodreads pages.

sorry this picture is really dark.

Won

Kiss of Steel by Bec McMaster - You may remember this one from last week. I actually got a copy from NetGalley but then won it from Anna's Book Blog. I like the cover though so I am excited to have a physical copy of this book.

Library 

Mothership by Martin Leicht, Isla Neal - Heard good things about this one. Looks cute.
Article 5 by Kristen Simmons - This one came out a while ago and I wanted to read it but never got aroudn to it. Glad my library had a copy.
Team Human by Justine Larbalestier, Sarah Rees Brennan - Another fun looking one I've been meaning to read.
The Ugly Duchess by Eloisa James - Halfway through with this historical romance right now and it's dragging a bit in the middle. Hoping it picks up.

Bought

Me, Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews - Signed copy from the YA Rising Stars event. Jesse was super funny and I think this book is going to be entertaining.
North & South DVD - This miniseries was on sale at B&N and I had to get it. Richard Armitage - sigh.

That's what I have for this week. I hope you're all having a fun weekend. I plan on seeing Looper this weekend. Bruce Willis and JGL - how can I resist? :)




1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to what you have to say about Kiss of Steel and The Ugly Duchess.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.