Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

08 June 2012

Uncovered (17): Stormdancer


Happy Friday, everyone and welcome to another edition of Uncovered, a weekly feature on the blog where I talk about a cover I am loving at the moment.

This week I have the cover to Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff. This is a book coming out in fall of 2012. I hadn't seen this cover before this week am now not sure where I saw it. Wherever it was, I was immediately drawn to it. I just love the cool, stylyized illustration. The woman on the cover looks badass and look at that tattoo! I love the colors and the image seems to have a lot of movement and is very dynamic. There's the mysterious griffin that doesn't look very friendly. I also love that the font matches the theme of the cover so well but doesn't overpower it. This is definitely a book that I want to read.

The cover artist for this book is none other then Jason Chan. Jason is an extremely talented artist and you've probably seen his work while browsing the bookstore. Check out his blog for more updates on his work. There was also a great interview with Jason and the author last month on the Tor website. Check it out
here.

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to know what you think of this cover so please leave a comment!



1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you on the this cover! It is very eye-catching and I would definitely pick it up in a store if I saw it. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.