Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

16 June 2012

Stacked (8)


Hello again! Welcome to another week of Stacked, where I share what I've bought, borrowed and received for the week. 

This week was ridiculously long in terms of work. Not sure what it was but it was just really not so fun. I am glad that the weekend is here though. But the big news I have is that I am a new auntie! My brother and his wife delivered their new daughter on Friday night. Originally I wasn't going to come up for the birth since it's a long drive and I will be back in a couple of weeks for the 4th, but then I got the text about her water breaking and said f*ck it and got in my car and started driving. Little Waverly was born around 9pm and she is super cute (not that I am biased or anything).

Enough personal talk though. I know you came here for the books. :) It was a light week for me. Bought a few ebooks and got a couple of NG titles. Trying to take it easy on NG but you know how it is. And I am going to ALA next week so I really need to keep the book piles under control. At least until after I get back. :) Thanks for checking out what I got this week!

Borrowed


Something About You & A Lot Like Love by Julie James - I picked up A Lot Like Love on my library's Overdrive and liked it so much that I snapped up the first book in the series, Something About You when it became available earlier this week.

The Iron Hunt by Marjorie Liu - Big fan of Marjorie Liu. Been wanting to check out her other series. And it has a great cover.

For Review (all NetGalley)



The Demoness of Waking Dreams by Stephanie Chong - I have heard good things about this series and I still need to read Book 1. I'm gonna do it though!

Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill - This one looks super adorable. Kind of sad I have the ebook since the cover is awesome. May have to pick it up in physical form if it's really good.

Forbidden by Nicola Cornick - Haven't read this author before but looked interesting.

Bought 


Wicked As They Come by Delilah S. Dawson - This is the book club pick this month for my Smutty Book Club. Not sure how smutty it actually is but I've been wanting to read it.

Personal Demons by Lisa Desroches - Another series I have been wanting to try out and book 1 is only $2.99 on Kindle for the month.

That's what I have for this week. Next week is ALA and I am SO EXCITED. Seriously, I hope I don't make a fool of myself fawning over people. It's either that or I will be super shy and won't say anything. I'll try to update the Twitter and FB with news from ALA if I remember. But I'll definitely do a small recap afterwards on the blog. I am off to see my new niece now. I shall leave you with this cuteness.





7 comments:

  1. Congrats, Auntie Thuy! That baby looks adorbs. The books are pretty awesome too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, a! you have to meet her one day. she is the cutest!

      Delete
  2. Awww when I see baby feet I always want to kiss and nibble they are just so adorable (and how they giggle while you are "eating" their fingers is just the best :-D) Have a great time playing with the little one and great additions to your TBR pile :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me, too, stella. i always want to chew on them which seems inappropriate but it's what i want to do. :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your new niece! What sweet baby feet :) Waverly is an adorable name.

    That's an awesome deal on Personal Demons. And I agree Meant to Be looks so cute. Gorgeous cover.

    Can't wait to hear all about ALA. Have the best time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, lucy. we think she is pretty awesome.

      Delete
  4. Oh my, those little feet! I miss mine being so small:( Thanks for sharing the sweet picture. I have been wanting to read Wicked as They Come. I hope you enjoy all your reads:)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.