Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

11 November 2013

Manicure Monday (40): The Reece Malcolm List


Hello! This weekend really flew by. I saw Thor 2 (fun man candy) and did a little bit of shopping. I really need to ramp up my Christmas shopping. I am starting to worry already that I won't have it done in time for the holidays. Hey - it's better to be paranoid than unprepared. I wasn't sure I was going to have a MM post today. I wasn't feeling much inspiration and I had not started a new book in a while. However, I decided to take a break from The Book Thief and start one of my new library books, The Reece Malcolm List by Amy Spalding. I've only read a chapter or so but I really like it so far. The narrator has a really believable teen voice and I am getting a kick out of the fact that the story is set in Los Angeles.


This is a super fun cover with lots of bright colors. I chose to focus on the hot pink accents and the notebook on the cover. I used only two polishes for this look - Nubar Tulips To Kiss You With (pink) and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (white).  


After painting on two coats of each color and the appropriate fingers, I set down to do the hard part. For the pink nails I wanted to do something that mimicked the cursive writing of the title. I didn't think I could actually do pink outlined writing so I made the base pink and I used a nail stamping plate to get perfect black swirly lines. The plate used was Cheeky CH16 and I used Kleancolor Black for the stamp. 


For the notebook nails, I used black and white acrylic paint mixed together to get a nice medium grey. Then I used a nail brush to paint the curtains. They weren't too difficult to draw and came out nicely.


I wanted to do something fun on my thumb so I tried to paint the cute letter D that is on the cover of the book. This was a lot harder to draw than the curtains. I also messed up my white base coat at one point trying to wipe off some of the acrylic paint and had to re-paint that section later on. I was able to paint over some of it so the mistake isn't super apparent, but I know it's there. :)



This is the whole look. I like it! Has anyone read this book yet? I think it's going to be good. I hope I can finish it this week because I am picking up Allegiant from the library soon and will need to start that ASAP. Happy Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.