Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

05 July 2014

What Does the Bookworm Say?: Book Trailers



Hi and welcome to a new feature here on Nite Lite called What Does the Bookworm Say? that I am doing with my friends at The Reader's AntidoteBooks Unbound and The Windy Pages. Each week, we will discuss a new bookish topic. This week's topic is book trailers. Love 'em, hate 'em or don't care either way.

I have mixed feeling about book trailers. I like the idea of them but, in reality, they don't really do much for me. I find a lot of them to be pretty cheesy with bad special effects and bad acting. I tend to like the ones without actors in them better though it's still pretty hit or miss. I also don't really know if I believe that a book trailer would actually get people to buy the book. For me, it's cool to see trailers for books and authors I am already excited about but I am not sure if it would get me or someone who isn't a big reader to try out a new book. I think it's great that publishers and authors want to take the time to promote these books and make trailers for them but I don't know how effective they are.

What do you guys think of book trailers? Do they make a difference in your book buying habits?

Don't forget to check out what The Reader's AntidoteBooks Unbound and The Windy Pages have to say about this topic as well. If you have a topic you'd like us to cover, just leave it in the comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.