Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

06 July 2014

Stacked (114): The ALA Edition


Inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and The Story Siren, Stacked is a weekly post where I share with you the books that I've bought, borrowed or received for the week.

Hi, everyone. I hope that you are enjoying the long 4th of July weekend if you are celebrating in the US. I am really loving having so much time off. It's been uber hot her but I am managing to stay cool for the most part. I went to a BBQ and ate way too much and saw 22 Jump Street (I blame my friend K for that one). You guys all know that I went to ALA last weekend. Today I am going to show you some of my favorites from ALA. Many thanks to all of the publishers at the event who were very nice and stayed calm in the midst of book chaos.


Staring from the top left and going clockwise - 

Wildlife by Fiona Wood - I have heard so many good things about Fiona Wood, esp from Mands at The Bookish Manicurist. Unfortunately her books have not been published in the U.S. until now. Though contemp is not usually my thing, I am really excited to start this one.

Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers - This was one of my top wants from ALA. I got this the first night and everything after was just icing on the cake.

Maplecroft by Cherie Priest - Many thanks to my friends K and C who saw this one and snagged it for me. Besides the awesome cover, this one looks like it's going to be a really creepy and cool read about Lizzie Borden.

Jackaby by William Ritter - Another one with a great cover, Goodreads describes this as Dr Who meets Sherlock. Sign me up!

Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas - Another of my big wants from ALA. Man this book is huge and I cannot wait to dive into it.

The Young Elites by Marie Lu - The line for this book was pretty insane but it was really well organized and went really fast. Marie Lu is a pro at signing quickly while still giving everyone some personal attention. I really liked Lu's Legend series and am excited to see where her new story takes us.

Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid - I really like road trip stories, which is what piqued my interest on this one. It's been getting a lot of buzz on the blogger front as well. Looks like it would be a fun summer read. 

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson - I have heard really good things about this book and the cover is so fun and bright. I was not able to catch Nelson's signing at ALA but managed to get a copy of the ARC anyway. Hoping to start this one soon.

The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost - I had no idea that Jeaniene Frost was going to be at ALA. I am a huge fan of her Cat & Bones series and was super stoked to see that she was signing her new YA book at the Harlequin booth. She doesn't tour on the west coast much so this was a rare opportunity for me to meet her. I may have fangirled a little bit. Really interested to see how she does YA. 

I can't believe that ALA is already over. My friends and I started planning it literally two years ago and now it's over. And next year it's going to be in San Francisco, only an hour from where my parents live. I need to start plotting now...

Hope you're all having a fun and relaxing weekend. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.