Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

11 July 2014

Uncovered (116): I'll Give You the Sun


Who says you can't judge a book by its cover? While it isn't always the marker of a good book, it certainly helps when I am making a decision at the bookstore. Uncovered is my weekly post that pays homage to great book covers. Each week I'll talk about one of my current cover loves.

This week's Uncovered post is all about I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson. I fell in love with the cover the second I saw it. It's a very simple cover but one that pushes all of my buttons. I love a good rainbow and this is a beautiful rainbow hued cover. I love the simplicity of it and the radiating lines give the cover a feeling of something bursting or exploding. The title is front and center and I like that the blurb and author's name follow the lines of the color rays and don't interrupt the flow of the cover.

There's not much else I can say about this. It's very simple but extremely pretty and eye catching. I can't wait to get this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.