Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

13 July 2014

Stacked (115)


Inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and The Story Siren, Stacked is a weekly post where I share with you the books that I've bought, borrowed or received for the week.

Hello again! I hope you all had a nice weekend. No big plans for me this weekend, which is kinda nice. I really need to catch up on my reading and knitting so the free time is needed. I still have a mountain of ALA books to read so I haven't acquired too many books this week (at least not physical ones). I received one book for review, which I am really excited about and stocked up on audiobooks.

For Review


Burn For Me by Ilona Andrews - I had a mini freak out session when I saw this one on Edelweiss and saw that I was also auto-approved. Yes, please! I am a huge fan of the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews series and was excited to hear that the duo was writing a straight up romance this fall. While I am not a huge fan of this cover, I am very excited about the insides of this book. 

Bought

I used up all of the Audible credits langushing in my account and purchased on audiobook for super cheap. Guess I need to actually start listening to some of these on my commute now.




Landline by Rainbow Rowell - I was going to hold out and get this in hardcover but funds are a bit tight and I had a bunch of Audible credits. Hoping that the audio version is good.

One More Thing by B.J. Novak - Another celebrity type memoir/book that looks promising. I really like BJ Novak's work on The Office and hope that it translates in to his writing. He also reads it which is a bonus.

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson - I've been meaning to reach one of Matson's books for a while now and this looks like a good summer read. It was also on sale for just $3.99 on Audible.

Tangled by Emma Chase - I've never listened to any type of romance book before and thought I'd give it a try. I've heard good things about this one.

The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet by Bernie Su and Kate Rorick - I really loved The Lizzie Bennet Diaries web series and wanted to jump back into that world. It's also read by the actress that played Lizzie in the web series which should be fun. 

Even though I have a long commute now, I don't listen to a whole lot of audiobooks. Clearly this needs to change and I have a whole slew of them to get through. Big thanks to Lucy at The Reading Date whose blog I mined for audiobook recs. Besides just having a great blog, Lucy listens to tons of audiobooks and reviews them. Her blog is a great resource when you need an audiobook rec. 

Thanks for hanging out, everyone. Have a great Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.