Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

03 November 2012

Stacked (28)


It's the weekend! I do love the weekend. Almost as much as I love half price Halloween candy. I hope you all had a good holiday this week. I am sad that Halloween is already over. I managed to get some sale candy on Thursday at the grocery store. I want to go to Target but I have a feeling they'll be wiped out. It seems like they move things out faster and faster each year for the new holiday. No doubt Christmas is already in full force there.

I did get a few books this week. Mostly review books and library books though. Trying to keep it on a low buy until after Christmas. It's weird but I rarely get books as gifts. But I usually try to refrain from shopping about a month before Christmas in case I do get some. Alright, on to the books!

For Review


One Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLean - I don't usually request things on Edelweiss but I had to request this one. I am a huge fan of Sarah MacLean and have been dying for the second book in her Scoundrel series to come out. I just finished this on Thursday and it's pretty great. Review to come soon.

The Prince by Tiffany Reisz - Another awesome smutty series! This is the third book in the Original Sinners series. I loved The Siren and plan on reading the second book and this one soon.

Borrowed




Carrie by Stephen King - You know, I've never read a Stephen King book before. I know, so bad. And I know the movie remake of this one is coming out soon and I figured I should pop my Stephen King cherry sometime and Carrie seemed like a good pick.

The Enemy by Charlie Higson - Zombie book! I just realized that I have at least 5 or 6 zombie books here at my house that I haven't read yet. Doesn't mean I can't add another.

Adaptation  by Malinda Lo - Heard good things about this one. It was on the new releases shelf ot my library this week and I couldn't resist.

Lies, Knives, and Girls in Red Dresses by Ron Koertge, Andrea Dezso - I have been wanting to read this one for a little while and it just showed up at the library, too. It looks really short so hoping I can read it over the weekend.

That's my book haul this week. I may also have bought the entire Buffy series on DVD because it was on super sale. :) What are your weekend plans?

ETA: Oooh my new Buffy DVDs just came in! Look how pretty. Guess I know what I'll be doing for the next few weeks. :)






1 comment:

  1. Ooh you bought the Buffy box! I saw that great deal on all the Joss Whedon shows. You're going to have fun watching those :) I love the first few seasons especially.

    I saw the Prince up on NG, and I'm looking forward to your review. I don't know if that series is for me though, but maybe.

    Carrie is a good King book to start with. I'm curious about the remake.

    And Adaptation is at the library? Nice find!

    Have a great week, Thuy!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.