Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

22 November 2011

Top Ten Tuesday (5) - Authors I'd Want To Share A Turkey Leg With


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature/meme created by the folks over at The Broke and the Bookish. To sign up or find out more about it, visit the Top Ten Tuesday page. This week's topic is Top Ten Authors I'd Love To Have At My Thanksgiving Feast. To make it easier on myself I am choosing only from living authors.




10. Maggie Stiefvater (Shiver series, The Scorpio Races) - I've seen Maggie speak a couple of times now and she is always fun and full of energy. I think it'd be a blast to hang out with her. Plus she can make her November cakes for dessert

9. David Sedaris (Holidays On Ice, Me Talk Pretty One Day) - David Sedaris is hilarious and would keep everyone in stitches all night long.

8. Kevin Smith (Tough Sh*t: Life Advice from a Fat, Lazy Slob Who Did Good) - Kevin Smith's the type of guy who can talk to anyone about anything. Smart, funny and outspoken, I think Kevin would make a great addition to the party.

7. Max Brooks (The Zombie Survival Handbook, World War Z) - The man knows how to survive the zombie apocalypse. A very useful guest to have at any party.

6. Nora Roberts (In Death series - as JD Robb; about a million other books) - I think I'd just want to see her in person and ask her how the heck she writes all those books. And give her a hug for writing the In Death series.

5. Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games trilogy) - Ooh I could talk Hunger Games with Suzanne and see what she has planned next.

4. Nalini Singh (Psy-Changeling and Guild Hunters series) - I am sort of obsessed with Nalini Singh right now. If she came to dinner I would ask her what she had planned for my favorite characters in her books.

3. Charlaine Harris (Sookie Stackhouse series) - I have heard Charlaine speak before and she is just sweet, fun, funny and she writes books that I love. She's definitely on the invite list.

2. Neil Gaiman (Coraline, American Gods, Sandman) - Neil Gaiman is just awesome. Love his books and it would be awesome to have a chat with him. Plus, he might bring his wife, Amanda Palmer.

1. J.K. Rowling (HARRY POTTER) - I don't think this needs any explanation. I would probably go all fangirl on J.K. but hopefully I'd be able to pull it together long enough to tell her how much I LOVE the HP books.

That's my top 10. Who would you invite over?
say "twee!"


You can follow Thuy online at Twitter @fishgirl182

6 comments:

  1. good choices. J.K. Rowling would probably be my number one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab list. I may skip my dinner & come to yours.

    Amy @ www.bookgoonie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everyone has JK Rowling on their list! Me included. I have Neil Gaiman too. I could prob have a great dinner with just him.

    Lindsey @ babiesbooksandsigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My very favorite, Nora Roberts, but JK Rawlingss, Stephen King and Jane Austin would be great too.

    Here's My Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie Stiefvater is a joy to hang around and listen to. I loved meeting her last May! And JK Rowling DEFINITELY has to be on the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, David Sedaris is a hoot! Nice list. Here is mine http://wp.me/pzUn5-Gk

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.