Chronicle Books is hosting another awesome year of Happy Haul-idays. One lucky blogger will will $500 worth of Chronicle books. But that's not all. In the holiday spirit, Chronicle will also be giving away $500 to a lucky blog commenter on the winning blog as well as $500 of books to the charity of the blogger's choice. For more info or to enter, please go HERE. What a wonderfully generous promotion from Chronicle. One of my fave publishers of fantastic-ly beautiful books, I could not pass up this opportunity to spread the holiday cheer.
If I win, the charity I'd donate to would be Friends of the Burbank Library. I love going to the library and know that they would definitely appreciate a donation. They haven't gotten any new crafty/cookbooks in awhile and I think these books would be an excellent addition. So please take a look at my haul list and let me know what you think. Remember, one lucky commenter can win the same haul.
These veer heavily in the crafty/food category. I love making things, both to wear and use and to eat - and Chronicle has an awesome selection of books that fit into these categories.
- Flour - I've actually checked out this book from the library and have made several things from it. Love Chang's style and the recipes are delicious. I would love a copy of my own.
- Plenty - I have heard very good things about this book and that cover is divine.
- Hand Forged Doughnuts - I love doughnuts and have only recently begun exploring making my own. This books like like a good start.
- Amy Butler's Style Stitches - I've been a fan of Amy Butler's for awhile now. Love her handbag patterns and have been wanting this book for awhile.
- Whip Up Mini Quilts - So many friends have had babies this year and I think these mini quilts would make awesome presents.
- Cake Pops - Bakerella has the cutest website and her cake pops always looks gorgeous. I would love to give them a try.
- The Liberty Book of Home Sewing - How did I not know that Liberty came out with their own sewing book? I love their fabrics even though I can't afford them. I was one of those people who was camped in front of Target the morning the Liberty of London collection was released.
- Quilting Bee - I rally want to start quilting and I love the look of the designs in this book.
- A Life In Stitches by Rachael Herron - I am a fan of Rachae's blog, Yarnagogo, and her Cypress Hollow romance books (reviews coming!) and am very interested in reading her biography/memoir of sorts.
- Yoshitomo Nara: The Complete Works - I LOVE Yoshitomo Nara. 'Nuff said.
- The Lonesome Puppy by Yoshitomo Nara - A Nara picture book? How can I resist?
Well that's my list. It adds up to a nifty $497.19. Who ever said I don't know how to budget? Please comment and let me know what you think of my list. Remember, if I win, one lucky commenter on this post will win as well.
Follow more of Thuy's random thoughts on Twitter @fishgirl182