Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

23 February 2012

Seduce Me At Sunrise - Review


Publication date: 30 September 2008 by St. Martin's Press
ISBN 10/13: 0312949812 | 9780312949815
Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | Book Depository

Category: Adult Historical Romance
Keywords: Romance, historical, family, Gypsies
Format: Mass market paperback, eBook, audiobook


From goodreads:

Kev Merripen has longed for the beautiful, well-bred Winnifred Hathaway ever since her family rescued him from the brink of death when he was just a boy. But this handsome Gypsy is a man of mysterious origins—and he fears that the darkness of his past could crush delicate, luminous Win. So Kev refuses to submit to temptation…and before long Win is torn from him by a devastating twist of fate.

Then, Win returns to England…only to find that Kev has hardened into a man who will deny love at all costs. Meantime, an attractive, seductive suitor has set his sights on Win. It’s now or never for Kev to make his move. But first, he must confront a dangerous secret about his destiny—or risk losing the only woman he has lived for…

Thuy's Review:

I adored the first book in this series and was afraid that the second book would not live up to my expectations. I am happy to report that Seduce Me At Sunrise did not disappointed and I fell in love with the Hathaways all over again.

My heart went out to Merripen in the first book. Haunted by a dark and violent past, he’s resigned himself to never having the one thing he wants most in life - Win. He’s afraid to hurt her, afraid that the violence he did in his youth will come out one day and harm her. He’s the very definition of a tortured hero. He is intense and moody but also extremely loyal with a great capacity for love. He’s also the most infuriatingly stubborn man I've ever met! He kisses Win passionately one moment and pushes her away the next. His mixed signals were enough to drive any girl a little batty.

Luckily, Win is a persistent woman who knows what she wants. I like that she isn’t cowed by Merripen and stands up to him. Even when Merripen made me want to throw up my hands and give up, Win holds her ground. She has a quiet inner strength that anchors the entire family.

I am also happy to say that we see more of Cam and Amelia in this one. They are one of my favorite couples and seeing them as a married couple only solidifies my love for them. Cam and Merripen also find answers to the mysterious origins of their tattoos. I won’t spoil it but let’s just say that the revelation is a big one that has great significance for both of them.

I really can’t say enough about this series. I thought I was fully invested after the first book but now I am totally addicted. These characters are so well developed that I feel like I actually know them. I can’t wait to read the next book in this series!



Visit the author online at www.larissaione.com and follow her on Twitter @LarissaIone

1 comment:

  1. I'm a really big fan of Lisa Kleypas, so this series (especially this book) looks very enticing for me. Based on your review and the blurb, I'll definitely check it out sometime! :)


    -Diva J.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.