Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

25 December 2011

In My Mailbox (13) - Christmas Edition

image courtesy of a mocha & a latte
In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It gives book bloggers the chance to share what they’ve bought/borrowed/received!

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate. This post will be going up Christmas morning which mean that it won't include any books I received on Christmas Day. I don't usually get too many books as gifts but we'll see. I have a feeling there might be a couple this year. And if no one gifts me books, I will be making a trip to the bookstore to gift some to myself.  :) There were also major eBook sales going on this week and I needed up with lots of new pretties on my Kindle.

Bought



Entwined by Heather Dixon (kindle) - Another book I've been wanting to read that was on sale.

Graceling by Kristen Cashore (kindle) - I've heard amazing things about this book and it was the Daily Deal on Kindle this week for $0.99 and I had to get it.

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand (kindle) - Pretty sure you all know about the big $0.99 Epic Reads sale. This was one of the titles included and since I haven't read it yet, it was the perfect time to get a copy.

The Rowan by Anne McCaffrey - I am a bit ashamed to say that I've never read a book by Anne. With her recent passing her books have risen in my TBR pile. I saw this lovely new pb copy at B&N while shopping for gifts and it somehow ended up coming home with me. :) 

Bumped by Megan McCafferty (kindle) - I know almost nothing about this book but it was so cheap I thought I'd give it a try.

For Review
(all from Netgalley this week)









Kiss of the Vampire by Cynthia Garner - Another one I don't know much about but whose premise caught my eye.

Next of Kin by Sharon Sala - I've seen Sharon's name around and figured I would give this a try. It's part of a series but I think I can jump in with this one.

Small Town Christmas Anthology - Just wracking up the Christmas reads over here.

Christmas in Lucky Harbor & Head Over Heels by Jill Shalvis - Christmas is books 1 and 2 of the Lucky Harbor series and Head Over Heels is #3. Have heard good things about Jill and was super excited to see these show up on NG.

Slide by Jill Hathaway - Loving the premise of this one and was so happy when NG approved me.

Ripper by Amy Carol Reeves - I am a fan of the dark and macabre so a tale involving Jack the Ripper is right up my alley.

Firelight by Kristen Callihan - I don't know much about this one but the synopsis looked interesting.

Spotty, Stripy, Swirly by Jane Brocket - I am a fan of Jane's blog, Yarnstorm, and have already reviewed one of her picture books for RNSL. This looks like another fun, colorful book.

That's all I have for time. Off to open gifts now (yes, we do it pretty late at my huose). Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!\

say "twee!"



 Follow Thuy on Twitter @fishgirl182 

6 comments:

  1. Yay, I got Unearthly and Entwined as well! And I can't wait to read Slide either--it looks SO good! Hope you'll enjoy your new reads.

    Happy Holiday! My Christmas IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a few ebooks as well, though I forgot to list them. I was also approved for Slide, hopefully we both enjoy it! Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what a great haul! I so much want to read Slide, Unearthly and Bumped; heard they are great reads.

    Happy Holidays!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet haul! So much to read, so little time! <3
    -Heather @BookStacksOnDeck
    My IMM...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard brilliant things about Entwined and Unearthly, they sound great, hope you enjoy them. And I personally loved Graceling, I thought it was amazing :) happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slide looks super good. :) I really like the whole idea of it, and I can't wait until it's released.
    Thanks for dropping by my blog, and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.