Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

13 December 2011

Winter Wishlist: Week 2 - Great Gifts



Welcome to week 2 of Winter Wishlist, the fun seasonal meme that my co-blogger over at Read Now Sleep Later dreamed up.Week 2 (Dec 13 - 19) is all about great gifts that you want to GIVE. For more info or to sign up, visit the Winter Wishlist page.

Week 1: Write about Books or Bookish Things that you would love to get.
Week 2: Write about Books or Bookish Things that you would love to give.
Week 3: Write about a charity/nonprofit/community group that works with books and/or literacy.


I am a big fan of box sets. They're usually quite economically priced and they're a great way to get someone into a series or author. These are two a few of my faves.
  • The Hunger Games Trilogy  by Suzanne Collins - You knew this one was coming. A great trilogy (though the first is still my favorite). Even though it seems like everyone has read this already, a lot of people have not. I know this because I am constantly getting asked if people can borrow my copies. Give them their own set and make everyone happy.
  • The Black Dagger Brotherhood box set by JR Ward - When I first started this series my friend and I searched high and low for this box set in stores. Eventually we had to cave and get it from Amazon. Perfect for anyone new to paranormal romance/urban fantasy. I love the Brothers!
  • Vampire Academy 1-4 by Richelle Mead - Another great series that you will wish you had a set of after you read the first book. 
  • For Life Tea Mug - It's a cliche to say that readers like tea, but they often do. This comes with its own fine mesh tea infuser that fits in the cup - perfect for loose leaf teas. I hate those little infuser balls. My friend has one of these cups and it's awesome. 
  • Tea - And of course, some tea to go with your teacup. I am a fan of Teavana, but really, any lovely loose leaf tea will do.

  • Nan Lawson - Love Nan's Etsy shop. She has the cutest prints. I bought myself one of the Piemaker recently. She has lots of other fun prints, including the bookish ones above.
  • Ninja bookmarks - Um, ninjas + books = awesome.





2 comments:

  1. Wow, I've never heard of Nan Lawson--Love her stuff! She has Doctor Who prints too :D Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book Ninja! I must have these!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.