Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

13 April 2014

Stacked (102): LA Times Festival of Books Edition


Inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and The Story Siren, Stacked is a weekly post where I share with you the books that I've bought, borrowed or received for the week.

Hi, guys! This edition of Stacked is really late because I wanted to show you my final book haul from the LA Times Festival of Books this weekend. I only got home about an hour ago and have to run off to a dinner in about 15 minutes so this is going to be short and sweet with no Goodreads links. I might be back in later this week to add them. I hope to have a small recap of the festival up in the next week as well. Happy weekend, everyone!



From top to bottom:

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell (signed) - The line for Rainbow was intense but so worth it. She's so sweet and I finally got my copy of Fangirl signed and also picked up the paperback of Attachments.

Noggin by John Corey Whaley (signed) - I was sick this week and had to miss Corey's event at my local library, so I was glad to catch him at the fest. I saw him on two panels this weekend and he is great. Excited to read this one.

The Inventor's Secret by Andrew Cremer (signed) - This book has been on my wish list since it came out and I was really excited to see that Andrea was signing at the festival this weekend.

Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor (signed) - One of the big draws of the festival for me was seeing Laini Taylor again. She's is seriously awesome and I love her hot pink hair. I need to find some time to finish her series soon.

Eggs on Top - Yay for the Chronicle booth 50% off sale. I've been having an egg moment lately and love putting them on top or in whatever I can, so this book is pretty perfect for me. The recipes probably won't be revolutionary but I think they'll inspire me to be more interesting with my eggs.

Little Red Writing by Joan Holub and illustrated by Melissa Sweet - Also from Chronicle. This picture book looks super cute and I could not resist for half price.

The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt and illustrated by Oliver Jeffers (signed) (not pictured) - I have a small obsession with Oliver Jeffers and his latest book with Drew Daywalt is adorable and funny.

School of Good and Evil by Sonan Chainani (signed( (not pictured) - Another book on my wish list. I saw Chainani on a panel this weekend and he was fantastic and I was glad I was able to pick up a signed copy of his first book. The cover is awesome as well.

I think that's all I bought this weekend. I wanted to get so much more but I refrained. Another great year at the festival and it wasn't a hundred degrees out like it usually is, so win! Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.