Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

25 July 2014

Uncovered (118): A Little Something Different


Who says you can't judge a book by its cover? While it isn't always the marker of a good book, it certainly helps when I am making a decision at the bookstore. Uncovered is my weekly post that pays homage to great book covers. Each week I'll talk about one of my current cover loves.

This week's cover love goes out to A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall. I don't know much about this book except that it seems like a quirky romance. I really like the cover though. It looks almost like an embroidery sampler or a drawing from a sketchbook. Unfortunately I can't really see the small details of it so I am not sure how the image is made, but it looks like it's a sketch style drawing. I really like this one because it looks a little handmade. Blue and red are two of my favorite colors together and I like how the red pops next to the dark blue. This is a cover the invites you to look closer so you can see more of it and pick up the small details. The cover includes books, coffee and tiny squirrels, all of which I am a fan of. I also like how the title is framed by the branches so that it stands out on the cover.

This looks like a very cute book and I'd definitely pick it up based on this cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.