Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

05 May 2014

Manicure Monday (61): The Winner's Curse


Hi and welcome to Manicure Monday, a weekly post that combines my love of reading and nail polish. Each Monday I will show you one of my current reads along with a matching book manicure. Thanks for stopping by!

Hello again. I hope you all had a great weekend. It was the first weekend in a about month where I did not have a million things planned and I used it to recharge and rest. My current schedule doesn't allow for much free time during the week and my reading has really slowed down. I was glad to have a free weekend though because it let me start and finish the book I am featuring today for Manicure Monday.


The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutowski

The Winner's Curse my Marie Rutkoski has been getting a lot of hype lately and I am happy to say that it lived up to my expectations and more. I really loved both the main characters in this and the story unfolded in a way that I did not expect and I cannot wait for book 2. Why can't it be 2015 already?

This book also has a gorgeous cover and I set about recreating on my nails. I have to admit that I didn't love the outcome of this manicure. It did not come out quite as I had envisioned though it's growing on me. To start, I laid down 2 coats of Zoya Mia on all of my nails. Mia is a pretty pink/mauve creme that matched the lighter color of the dress well.


The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutowski

Next, using a dark burgundy shimmer (Studio M Hearts on Fire) I painted in the large petals of the flowers. After they dried I went back in with Zoya Mia and Zoya Hermina, a cool gold, to add more petals and depth. I put coat on everything and let it dry. Then using a pearly white acrylic pain and a dotting tool, I went back in and added the little pearl dots that are on the dress.

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutowski

For my thumb, I decided to draw the dagger that is also part of the dress ensemble I used China Glaze Side Saddle for the handle, OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby for the hilt and CND Silver Chrome for the blade.

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutowski

Like I said, this didn't come out quite as I'd pictured. I really wanted something lush and full looking like the dress. This is pretty but it's missing something. Maybe I should have drawn in more flowers or more texture for the background. 

I borrowed this book from the library but I liked it so much that I will probably be purchasing a copy soon. Have you guys read The Winner's Curse yet? Thanks for coming by and checking out today's manicure. Have a fun week!





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.