Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

09 December 2013

Manicure Monday (42): Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore


Hello! I love reading and nail polish and decided to combine those loves into a weekly Manicure Monday posts where I share one of my current reads as well as a matching manicure. I hope that you enjoy this feature and that it inspires you to paint your own nails. 

Good morning! Did you all have a good weekend? I finally put up my Christmas tree and did a little bit of shopping. The malls are a little insane right now though so I am trying to do as much shopping as I can online. So this week I am reading Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan, which I am reading for my book club. So far, it's pretty interesting and not what I thought it was going to be. It's a pretty short book and I hope to finish it this week.


The cover to Mr. Penumbra is very simple and I chose a manicure that was pretty simple to go with it. I started off with 2 coats of Cult Nails Tempest (white) on all of my nails. This is a really great, stark white with great coverage. After that dried, I used a small paintbrush and OPI's Fiercely Fiona, a chartreuse yellow with a hint of green, to paint on the blocks that represent the "books" on the cover. This actually proved to be a little harder than I thought and it took some concentrating to get the books just right. The color was perfect though and matched the cover really well.



To keep things interesting, I drew the symbol inside the book (it also plays a role in the story) onto my ring finger. I used black acrylic paint and a very thin brush to paint it. I think it turned out pretty well given that I had a really small space to work with. It could have been a bit more defined but I think it's close enough.

Overall I think this one turned out well. It's really simple but matches the cover. Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you liked today's look. Let me know what you think of it in the comments below. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.