Hello! If you're looking for Nite Lite Book Reviews, please note that we've moved to www.nitelitebookreviews.com. If you already subscribe to the blog, our feed has been updated so you don't have to do anything. Thanks for reading and hope to see you at our new home!

22 June 2012

Uncovered (19): A Monster Calls


OMG I love this cover! I am sure you have seen it around but seriously, look at how awesome it is. It's already got the word "monster" in the title and the cover and illustrations inside are perfect for this moody, creepy, and dark story. I love the black and white and the sort of sketchy line drawn look of the image. It actually reminds me a little of the work of Stephen Gammell whose illustrations in the Scary Stories series used to haunt me when I was a kid.

The artist on this one is Jim Kay and his stuff is fantastic. You really should check out his website to see more illustrations from A Monster Calls. Or, better yet, go out and buy it.  Here is the book trailer to give you a taste of what the book is like.




Awesome, right? I'd love to know what you guys think of this one? Too creepy? Just creepy enough? Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! They really make our day so please don't be shy and let us know what you're thinking.